Wednesday, February 21, 2007

MY GOOFY GIRL
I look over at Hannah yesterday, and she has her head against a box and she is coloring her hair with markers! I did a double-take, trying to figure out what she was doing. She waltzes over to me and asks me to color the back of her head, and tells me proudly that she is going to look like me (I got my hair dyed a few weeks ago -- it's a brown-red). Hannah beamed from ear-to-ear, exclaiming, "I have red hair like you now, Momma!" Not to mention a red scalp and red forehead....
I made her shower before we ran errands, cause I was not about to explain this to people. It was so darn adorable that I couldn't be mad, but still, I demanded a shower to wash it out. I would've taken a picture, but our camera is currently in New Mexico, shooting pics that will make me jealous.
**************************************************************
Hannah at dinner the other night: "Jesus, bless our food and bless all the poor people, and give them some food and not dirty drinking water."
**************************************************************
My baby is growing up. Emmy was running around naked while I was trying to get ready to leave, and last I had noticed, she had been fully clothed. I asked Hannah what was going on, and she begged me to let her dress her little sister. She had undressed Emmy, including the heavily-peed-in overnight diaper, and picked out some clothes for her to wear. I knew Emmy wasn't going to go down without a fight, so I helped Hannah, minimally, but I still needed to be there to referee. Poor Hannah struggled with Emmy's little limbs, trying to shove them in the arm and leg holes of the clothing. I realized I must be a control freak because it was so hard for me to sit there and not jump in and take over. Oh Lord, how I wish I was patient!
***************************************************************
I think Hannah has seen too much. One day, I caught her in the kitchen, making a pretend meal and talking in a funny, fake-British accent. She informed me that she has a cooking show and her name is "Miss Paula Deen". I think she even told me to get out of the camera's way. Oh boy. Too bad Miss Paula Deen has a southern accent, and not a British one, but my then-4-yr-old was too precious, so I didn't say anything. I listened to her conducting her show, and it was all I could do to not laugh. She LOVES to pretend she is Paula Deen. One of these days, I am going to secretly video tape her and send it to "Miss" Paula Deen.

No comments: